Human flora

Thu Dec 22 10:00:58 UTC 2011

I can see tossing mushrooms in with plants, but in that case, I'd put bacteria in with animals :)

Also, it seems that "domain" has become quite standard as the taxonomic rank above kingdom. This should probably be included in the OED, which has the older

---
c. Used by Pinkerton for a subdivision of the Mineral ‘kingdom’.
----

BB