to ootz?

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Sun Dec 25 03:28:16 UTC 2011

A friend, who probably has been watching too many Christmas movies on
the Hallmark channel's multi-week marathon, claims that in "White
Christmas", Bing Crosby tells Danny Kaye - you "ootzed me
along".  Spelling not guaranteed.

Any comments?   Google Books has some provocative tidbits, including
claims but no previews for "ootzed" and/or "ootzing" from Dare and
HDAS (which are both unfortunately not on my bookshelf).  And
allegedly from "Story", Vol. 22, 1943, the snippet "The underground
tells me that I'm being ootzed out of that part."  ("White Christmas"
is 1954.)  Plus "ootzing" in 1946 from Jerome Weidman, 1971 from Max Shulman.

Joel