conditional Inuit

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 28 15:36:11 UTC 2011

Yet another tortured twist on the tired snowclone:

short URL: http://goo.gl/EKVs8
http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2011/12/jessica-chastain-film-person-of-the-year-narrative.html
> That outrage lasts pretty much the whole film, which presented a
> special challenge to Chastain. If it’s true that the Eskimos have
> hundreds of words for snow, she has to have had at least a hundred
> different worried, puzzled, what-the-hell-is-going-on expressions for
> this film, each building on the last. I ask if she actually had to
> rehearse in front of a mirror to differentiate them all.

So. let me get this straight--if it is /not/ true that Eskimos have
hundreds of words for snow, then Jessica Chastain /may not have/ "at
least a hundred different worried, puzzled, what-the-hell-is-going-on
expressions". Good to know. Why do we care? No wonder the publication is
called Paste!

VS-)