Horatio Alger as a verb? [was: earlier Boom!]

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Thu Dec 29 15:05:57 UTC 2011

"he was out Horatio Alger" -- "he was outing Horatio Alger?

(1)  "he was outdoing Horatio Alger" -- the home-town boy was
exceeding all reasonable expectations?
or --
(2)  "he was outing Horatio Alger" -- Horatio Alger was a gay??

But upon examination of the image, I find something much less
exciting -- "he was OUR Horatio Alger".

Joel