corrections

Fri Dec 30 13:56:38 UTC 2011

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 1:57 AM, Victor Steinbok <aardvark66 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have stumbled on a newspaper post on corrections that ends up
> referring to an entire blog dedicated to newspaper corrections. Some are
> of general interest, a couple are of specific interest here. I won't
> presume which is which and will mention things in a random stream of
> errors ;-)
>
> http://goo.gl/qxE5Q
>
> This is the post from San Ramon Express News/Danville Express. The post
> links to regrettheerror.com, which Google and Mozilla promptly block as
> a malicious attack source. Whatever the reason for this label, I could
> not get to the content.
[...]

Don't know why Google & Mozilla would be blocking regrettheerror.com,
but I've often relied on the site in my hunt for entertaining
instances of the Cupertino effect and other search-and-replace
miscorrections:

http://blog.oup.com/2007/11/spellchecker/
http://itre.cis.upenn.edu/~myl/languagelog/archives/005361.html

--bgz