"The poor guy was _pumped with four bullets_."

Seán Fitzpatrick grendel.jjf at VERIZON.NET
Wed Feb 2 20:58:27 UTC 2011

Sounds like the writer misfired in trying to use the expression "pumped full
of bullets/holes".

Seán Fitzpatrick
Wake up with Freedom Fighters
http://www.logomachon.blogspot.com/
-----Original Message-----
From: Wilson Gray [mailto:hwgray at GMAIL.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 2:33 PM
Subject: "The poor guy was _pumped with four bullets_."

What's that, now? Used by a cop in a straight-to-cable movie to
describe a man who had been shot to death. Sounds kinda strange to me:
"pumped with four bullets." Why not "shot four times" or something
else equally banal? Of course, the writer of the screenplay had
"sounding different" as his attention.

Youneverknow.

--
-Wilson