YouTube: "How To _Hand-Bone_"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 4 03:44:10 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 10:27 PM, George Thompson
<george.thompson at nyu.edu> wrote:

> A number of years ago, I saw Willie Ruff (of the Ruff-Mitchell Duo) give an astonishing demonstration of hamboning. Â (Since it was the first and only time I have ever seen hamboning, perhaps it was an mediocre demonstration, but I was impressed.)

I've seen a lot of hamboning, but, somehow, I didn't get get the
athleticism gene and the rhythm gene necessary to master it. So, I've
always been amazed by hamboning, especially by the moves that involve
hitting oneself in the mouth without splitting one's lip in the
process. (How do they *do* that?!) Playing the spoons or the bones has
also been beyond my capabilities.  When I was in grade school, all the
other chirren could do those things, seemingly after merely learning
that such things were possible. Even with tutoring by classmates, I
was never any good at it.

Sigh!
--
-Wilson