rugged

Sun Feb 6 15:00:45 UTC 2011

Thanks to Paul for doing this research.

A separate entry for "rugged weather" still seems like overkill to me. Anyone could figure out the meaning of "rugged weather" from the other definition in the same way that one could figure out "rugged toilet training" or "rugged oral exam". But I bow to the professional opinion of AMERICAN HERITAGE--if this isn't something they put in to see if other dictionary makers plagiarized their triviality.

If they took this out, they would have room for "snood"!

Sent from my iPad