bogus ety of "Canuck"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Feb 6 21:32:45 UTC 2011

Elsewhere in cyberspace:

"I'm a New Englander of French Canadian descent and I'v always understood
that Canuck referred specifically to English speaking Canadians. The
Vancouver Canucks are from BC not Quebec. It had been explained to me that
during one of the world wars, the Canadian troops in Europe had some
designation (either on their uniform or paper work I don't remember) Can-UK
as Canada was still part of the UK."

JL