green weenie

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 7 01:53:56 UTC 2011

On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 8:19 PM, Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com> asked:

> is "Ozzie" the only PC spelling now?

Well, it's certainly closer to the usual pronunciation that I've heard
than "Aussie" is. I've had to bite  my tongue thousands of times to
keep from "correcting" the pronunciation of people both Yank and
Aussie whose knowledge of Strine was superior to mine. I didn't want
to be like the Dutch woman who once annoyedly asked me, "Don't you
understand your own language?"

--
-Wilson
–––