green weenie

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 7 16:27:36 UTC 2011

One of CNN's high-paid journalists commented this morning that he had "no
idea" of what Simpson meant by "the green weenie."

Clever libertarian pundit Nick Gillespie is likewise dumbstruck at
http://reason.com/blog/2011/02/07/alan-simpson-on-cutting-defens:

"Who the hell knows what a 'green weenie' is (then again, he served with
disgraced former Sen. Bob Packwood [R-Or.], so maybe it's a generational
thing)?"

JL