stakeholder = 'a party with any sort of interest whatsoever' (UNCLASSIFIED)

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 7 23:07:41 UTC 2011

I guess, all it means is that restricted use in one context--where the
word may even become a part of the jargon--does not mean that it will be
used similarly in all other contexts. Pervasive media presence also
guarantees that any topic open to public discussion is guaranteed to
have its internal terminology eventually perverted either by the media
or by the general public being made aware of (and misinterpreting) the
term. And "stakeholder" is such a basic, nearly Marxist, term that it
would be hard to hold on to an exclusive meaning even if anyone tried.

     VS-)