stakeholder = 'a party with any sort of interest whatsoever'

David A. Daniel dad at POKERWIZ.COM
Tue Feb 8 00:52:09 UTC 2011

Ah, good, so we are agreed then. Whether through media perversion or other
means - perhaps just everyday usage, phase of the moon or something else
entirely - Stakeholder means anyone substantially or peripherally (or
anywhere in between), directly or indirectly involved with or affected by an
issue/situation/decision/whatever. Glad we got that settled.
DAD

---

>I guess, all it means is that restricted use in one context--where the
>word may even become a part of the jargon--does not mean that it will be
>used similarly in all other contexts. Pervasive media presence also
>guarantees that any topic open to public discussion is guaranteed to
>have its internal terminology eventually perverted either by the media
>or by the general public being made aware of (and misinterpreting) the
>term. And "stakeholder" is such a basic, nearly Marxist, term that it
>would be hard to hold on to an exclusive meaning even if anyone tried.

     VS-)