oversouling

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed Feb 9 01:35:06 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 8:02 PM, James Harbeck <jharbeck at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> "singing" "the national anthem"

Well, I've often said that the use of melisma in singing should be
restricted in its use to singers of observable, known, or claimed
sub-Saharan-African descent.

In the case cited, WRT to Ms. Aguilera, it's not clear whether that
rule should have been enforced. It's been bandied about in gossip mags
and on gossip sites that there's a strong possibility of a nigger her
ancestral woodpile. If that rumor  be true, well, if she wants to get
down with the colored people and blow melismatic sound, well, she has
a right.

--
-Wilson
–––