Heard on "Jerry": "VP (PREP) _me/you/him_ NP"

William Salmon wsalmon1 at INTERCHANGE.UBC.CA
Thu Feb 10 16:30:39 UTC 2011

> Of the examples that you gave the one that strikes me as the odd one
> out, as the awkward one is the the "eating on me a hamburger", and it's
> because of the inclusion of the prep. To my ear it should be either
> "eating me a hamburger" or "eating on a hamburger."

'...eating on me a hamburger' sounds okay to me. And there are a few ghits for 'drinking on me some', giving examples like this:

I am enjoying myself relaxing listening to alil old school and drinking on me some red wine!!

the fam is sleep, (They can't hang)I'm up, drinking on me some Pink Panties

Will