bring vs. take

Ronald Butters ronbutters at AOL.COM
Sun Feb 13 13:37:26 UTC 2011

Such arrogance!

No, it was a Bostonian from Natick, b1938, BA Boston University 1960, PhD University of Iowa 1966, now a retired university professor. WM, parents born in Italy, working class background. We were friends in graduate school, and one of the sources of our amusement was how our uses of "take" and "bring" did not match up.