BE "Your ass!" = WE "Up yours!" < "[Fxck you] Up your ass!"?

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 14 00:32:59 UTC 2011

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 3:41 PM, Victor Steinbok <aardvark66 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Perhaps a parallel that does connect them would be "Your mama!", or,
> more accurately, "Jo mama!"

Whoa! So, in eye-dialect, the correct form is "Jo mama!" I did not know that!

There's no connection between "[It's] Your mama [who is or does
whatever has already been referenced]!

"Get the hell out of this neighborhood, black man!"

"Your mama's a black man!" (My friend, surprised, couldn't come up
with a better reply.)

and "[Fuck you up] Your ass!"

Of course, I could very well be in error, WRT this assertion. I'm open
to correction by you on this point, Victor. What do I know?

--
-Wilson
-----