"Clunker" not in OED?

Sun Feb 20 00:21:22 UTC 2011

Here is a link into Google Books that shows the word flunker in a
snippet. The journal page is also available in JSTOR:

http://books.google.com/books?id=_eU3AAAAMAAJ&q=bluffer#search_anchor

Here is the JSTOR citation:

Why Is an Examination--And What of It?
Olga Achtenhagen
The English Journal
Vol. 15, No. 4 (Apr., 1926), pp. 285-289
Published by: National Council of Teachers of English
Article Stable URL: http://www.jstor.org/stable/802505