genocide

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 22 02:25:54 UTC 2011

Naturally I'm less optimistic than you are, Victor. The example reminded me
of a different but equally, um, eccentric one I posted almost exactly three
years ago:

"... Most interesting is 'genocide,' which here seems to mean 'the murder of
one or more innocent members of a de[s]pised racial or ethnic group.'"

The quote itself is easily findable in the archives. That author was not a
diplomat; he was Professor of Media and American Studies at the
University of Ulster. He scored a hat trick of inept usages in a single
sentence.

JL