genocide

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 22 14:49:24 UTC 2011

Dave has stated my precise point better than could I.

As always, my exx. from the Libyan envoy and the Ultonian professor are
grist for the linguistic mill, not claims that the "meaning has changed"
for millions.  But, surprisingly to me, the meaning of "genocide" is
evidently much more fluid for some people, no matter how highly
educated, than it is for most of us.  Or so I presume.

JL