bodily

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 24 22:02:43 UTC 2011

True enough, but the semantic naughtiness is more in the"want"  than in the
pronoun. I'm a little surprised that OED doesn't include this sexual nuance
anywhere under def. 5.

The fact that Uncle Sam's former "I want you!" isn't usually a giggle
bonanza is, I'd say, because most normal people have compartmentalized the
sexual and non-sexual senses of "want."

Cf. the semantic qualities of to "have."

JL