eggcorn

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 25 06:18:45 UTC 2011

 From a comment on a political blog (look at the very end):

> If the Koch brothers were any kind of real villains, they'd be all,
> "It's okay, Scotty. We know you screwed up, everybody screws up,"
> right before dropping him, /View to a Kill/-style, out the back of
> their evil corporate lair-jet.

Shockingly, there are nearly twice as many raw ghits for "lair-jet" as
for "leer-jet"--even after accounting for "Lair-jet Lou" and his Chinese
cousin Lu. And "Lear-Jet" (including all three versions) accounts only
for about the same number of raw ghits as "Lair-jet".

I am not sure if all of the "lair-jets" are eggcorns, but the one above
most likely is. It's the jet in which the Koch brothers set up their
nefarious lair.

     VS-)