spa (grocery)

victor steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 28 20:59:31 UTC 2011

I remember the Oxford Spa sign, although not the other one. It was an
oddity that I never reconciled, thinking of it as one of a kind.
Clearly it was not. BTW, I was not trying to contradict you in the
earlier message--just relating it to my personal experience. In fact,
I agree that the usage exists--somewhere--but I have never /heard/ it
expressed by a living Cantabrigian or other local--I've /seen/ the
Oxford Spa, but never quite connected it to what I heard in Vermont.
And I did not know about the soda fountain connection until I looked
it up today.

VS-)