Creaky voice

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jan 1 22:17:29 UTC 2011

Aren't we talking about a kind of creakiness (with nasality, perhaps) that
is widely perceived as a (usu. disdainful and seemingly novel) affectation?

John Wayne's apparently natural creakiness was not at all of this sort -
assuming that the phenomenon, as described above, is a real one?

JL