bellybutton

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jan 20 23:39:06 UTC 2011

My grandmother (b. 1888) used "bellybutton" exclusively. Except for "navel
oranges." I couldn't understand what oranges had to do with the navy, but
she explained that "some people" called the bellybutton the "navel."  Weird.

JL