LLBA for individuals?

David Bowie db.list at PMPKN.NET
Tue Jan 25 05:32:41 UTC 2011

So my library doesn't subscribe to the LLBA database (and is highly
unlikely to in the short to medium term), and i've been making do with
other databases. They're not nearly as good for the stuff i'm working
on, though.

Therefore, my question: Does anyone know if it's possible for
individuals to subscribe to the LLBA, and how much it would cost? I've
poked around CSA's website, and i can't find any individual pricing
information (it's actually really hard to come up with even hints of
institutional pricing), and not even an email address to send such
questions. (All the contact information seems clearly oriented toward
institutions.) My school's librarians have pretty much given me a "Why
would you want to do that?" response, and since i'd guess people on this
list are more likely than the average person on the street to be
familiar with the database, i figured i'd ask my question here.

--
David Bowie