modality = 'kind'

Thu Jan 27 22:45:34 UTC 2011

> A well-educated guest on CNN was explaining that, in his his last
> job, he had "prepared educational curricula for people of all modalities."

I think Larry's insight is key. The CNN guest was alluding to possible
world semantics.

In the possible worlds where the guest obtained a job preparing
educational materials he did so for all people.

In the possible worlds where he did not obtain a job preparing
educational materials he still did so for all people as a hobby.

He wished to help educate people of all modalities.