innocent

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Sat Jan 29 19:22:43 UTC 2011

I agree with David, and would strike the first part of Jon's proposed
definition, modifying the second part to

"free of (extrinsic?) motivation or intention, often unconscious or
(esp.) unacknowledged."

Here I don't offhand see an innocent substitute, whereas "question"
can presumably be used instead of "interrogate".  ("Interrogate"
probably is often not innocent.)

Joel