"[That comment] goes to show how well you know me, anymore."

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed Jul 6 02:22:38 UTC 2011

On Jul 5, 2011, at 9:42 PM, Wilson Gray wrote:

> In context, this may well have been a tip of the slung for,
>
> "[That comment] goes to show how _poorly_ you know me, anymore."
>

> Either way, it's not quite right, IMO.

Seems fine to me as an utterance in a positive anymore dialect, taken either sincerely or (more likely) sarcastically. No speech error, just sarcasm + positive "anymore".  The presupposition is that you may have known me pretty well in the past, but now, forget it.

LH