"uterus" an indecorous word? ("slut" in the news)

Fri Jul 8 21:04:34 UTC 2011

Jonathan Lighter wrote:
> Mason's public behavior as a member of the bar, in front of cameras,
> under those circumstances, strikes me as a wee bit remarkable
> and (nowadays) yawningly abhorrent.

Yesterday, I saw a story claiming that a complaint had been filed
against Cheney Mason. But the following excerpt from another article
today provides a different perspective:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-cheney-mason-finger-20110707,0,802233.story

Disbarred attorney's 'complaint' about Cheney Mason not under Bar review

Cheney Mason flipped off a photographer and grabbed himself at an
Orlando restaurant after client Casey Anthony was found not-guilty of
murder and other charges.

By Anika Myers Palm, Orlando Sentinel
1:30 p.m. EDT, July 8, 2011

A disbarred Coral Gables attorney and activist with a reputation for
making nuisance filings to the Florida Bar said today that he would
file a complaint against Casey Anthony attorney Cheney Mason for
making a lewd gesture after Mason's high-profile clients was found not
guilty of murder charges Tuesday.

John B. Thompson said in a complaint addressed to the Bar and released
to the Orlando Sentinel that Mason violated Bar rules for "maintaining
the integrity of the profession."

A Florida Bar representative said the organization had not received
Thompson's complaint and that the South Florida man has been disbarred
and can never reapply to practice law in the state.