fooferall

victor steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jul 11 04:09:17 UTC 2011

I came across "fooferall" in a comment on an article on VeloNews website.
This did not sound like a one-off,

http://goo.gl/YgkSI

> Nice post. Well said. Funny thing, every thing you said, we've heard
> before. I recall (geezer alert) this discussion taking place over 1)
> clipless pedals 2) hidden brake cables 3) Index shifting (This was a huge
> fooferall) 4) bib shorts (no kidding)

Plenty more hits. The meaning seems to be somewhere between "free for all"
and "much ado about nothing" and "brouhaha".

http://goo.gl/r0jAP

http://goo.gl/fONFg

http://goo.gl/RmxgK

http://goo.gl/3qzZF

http://goo.gl/K5hZY

>  In a meeting. This "powered point" is amazing. You can barely hear the
> slide carousel operating.

I initially thought it might have been some Strine expression, but it's not
in any way limited to Australian posts.

VS-)