"epithet" avoidance once again ...

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed Jul 20 14:24:20 UTC 2011

On Jul 19, 2011, at 11:41 PM, victor steinbok wrote:

> And here's another case involving Twitter. The question is whether the
> player, Twitter or ESPN decided to bleep "douchebags":
>
> Minnesota Vikings punter Chris Kluwe, apparently reacting to reports that
>> some of the plaintiffs in the Brady lawsuit were stalling negotiations with
>> their demands, voiced his displeasure Tuesday afternoon on Twitter.
>> "Sigh, and once again greed is the operative byword. 'Congrats Brees,
>> Manning, Mankins, and Jackson for being 'that guy'. #d-----bags," he wrote.

Evidence points to someone downstream from Kluwe:

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/chris-kluwe-calls-drew-brees-peyton-manning-douchebags-audio/78056
http://www.sportressofblogitude.com/2011/07/19/taking-it-to-the-tweets-chris-kluwe-calls-manning-brees-others-douchebags/

etc.  (< googling “Chris Kluwe” + “douchebags”).

(Note that the first of these is not from a blog maintained by *the* Larry Brown, the itinerant NBA coach with whom I went to high school.)

LH