Spreading da stink eye on da mainlend

Thu Jul 21 20:14:15 UTC 2011

The teller at the drive-through where I go with my dogs clearly has a Southern accent.

As I'm working on the ATM, one of my dogs pleads with his eyes and sometimes his bark for her to come out and give him snacks.

She has said on more than one occasion that my dog is giving her "the stink eye," a common Hawaiian expression meaning "dirty look." Today, I asked her where she picked that up, and she said she used to live on Maui.

I think this is an expression with great potential on the mainlend.

Benjamin Barrett
Seattle, WA