Keyser-Soeze Phenomenon

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jun 2 21:09:00 UTC 2011

A former prosecutor on Tru TV describes tot-mom Casey Anthony as exhibiting
"what I call the Keyser-Soeze Phenomenon."

KS is a central but off-screen character in _The Usual Suspects_ (1995).
IIRC, everybody describes him inconsistently.
What's Keyser really like? Who knows! All we know is that it's vitally
important.

The allusion is to CA's seemingly preternatural ability to change her story
about what happened to her daughter at the drop of a hat and without a
blink, while incorporating any details that the detectives happened to
present her with.  The impression is that almost everything she says is a
lie, but she really really expects you to believe it.

JL