not new, but new to me: _Trivalry_

victor steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jun 6 01:38:57 UTC 2011

I suggested the trio as one such motivation, although I was not implying
that anyone actually referred to it as "trivalry".

However, with respect to Djokovic, Nadal and Federer, the term has been
around for some time and Carillo was simply applying what was already known.
Consider Wiki on Federer:

Experts such as John McEnroe have said that this is the beginning of a new
> change in tennis and have coined the current situation "The Trivalry"
> between Djokovic, Nadal, and Federer.

I suppose, one could backtrack the changes since Wiki keeps track of all of
them, but I won't be the one doing it, especially since the term is not new.
But the "trivalry" for this bunch has been termed as such at least since the
late 2007.

Another sports "trivalry" thus termed is between Florida, Florida State and
Miami football teams (also in 2007). Having exhausted all GB and GNA hits
(minus an assortment of "tri-valley" and "trivalley" hits that threw major
interference), these are the only three that I was able to spot--the one
that Garson mentioned from a 2001 book, a comment on Florida football teams
in 2007 and the battle between Djokovic, Nadal and Federer almost
immediately after that. There might be others but these are the ones that
are documented.

VS-)