A: "I'd _rep your post a thousand times_, if I could."

Tue Jun 7 21:32:03 UTC 2011

Dan Goncharoff wrote:
> In many forums and social networking sites there is a mechanism for grading
> posts. to rep is to grade positively. To neg-rep is to grade negatively.

The term "rep" may be a truncated term derived from "reputation". Some
discussion systems include a "reputation system" in which users can
add points or subtract points from a numerical score associated with
each post ( as Dan notes). The summation is supposed to provide a
crude quality metric. Here is a post using "rep" and "-rep" (minus
rep):

http://forum.travian.us/showthread.php?64040-Giving-Rep.../page3
08-17-2009 02:13 PM

    Quote Originally Posted by Brahma

    I'd -rep you again for your horrible sentance structure, but I've
given out too much rep in the last 24 hours.

I'll do it for you.

EDIT:I've already neg repped The Deamon somewhere else, so I can't.

And I agree, most of you guys are adults, and the kids like me on this
forum should be able to handle it. If we can't, we will have to find
another game.