doughnuts = 'money' (UNCLASSIFIED)

Guy Letourneau guy1656 at OPUSNET.COM
Fri Jun 10 14:04:00 UTC 2011

On 01/-10/-28163 11:59 AM, Eric Nielsen wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 11:05 AM, Mullins, Bill AMRDEC<
> Bill.Mullins at us.army.mil>  wrote:
>

>> I'd imagine that the CNN weather guy was at least partially influenced
>> by a Dunkin Donuts commercial in which the cook has to show up early
>> (3-4 am).  In it, he arrives at the shop, bleary-eyed, in various forms
>> of bad weather, always saying "Have to make the donuts".  I think it was
>> a series of several commercials over a span of time, maybe the early
>> 1990s?
>>

> As in the old joke: The baker went to work because he kneaded the dough.
>
> Eric

I agree, and I remember that commercial. The weatherman might not have
been connecting doughnuts directly to wages, but rather saying that for
those who work outside an extra level of resolve will be required to
work in the predicted conditions - approaching that of the fictitious
baker and his daily pre-dawn duties.

- GLL