cankle and fralp

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jun 19 20:06:41 UTC 2011

My daughter-in-law brings these to my attention.  The human "cankle" is the
ankle of a person who's so fat that the boundary line between ankle and calf
has become indeterminate.  The "male equivalent" [sic] is the "fralp," which
is the brow of a man whose hairline has receded to the point that forehead
and scalp interpenetrate.

"Fralp" is the accepted spelling. Despite its portmanteau etymology, there
is no "o" in "fralp."

500,000 hits on "cankle + ankle," but only 63 for "fralp."  Why is this?

JL