Quote: If you want something very, very badly, let it go free (1972 edition question)

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jun 22 19:00:28 UTC 2011

"If you love something, let it go.
If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it."

Precisely the version I saw, among many others of a similar bent, in a
T-shirt display in a Manhattan shop window in 1983 or '84. The other that
sticks in my mind (also subsequently famous) is "Age and treachery will
always defeat youth and skill."

(A more accurate version, of course, would begin, "Youth and treachery...")

JL