Heard on Springer: _cold play_. It's *not* only rock 'n' roll?

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jun 23 17:11:38 UTC 2011

Thirty-ish, good-ole-boy-ish speaker:

"I been sleeping with your girl behind your back! Now, I'm going to be
sleeping with her in front of your face! Clear! _Cold play_!"

Other than as an alternate spelling of the name of Coldplay, _cold
play_ appears to have only a literal meaning having to do with
activities carried out in wintry weather. In a single case, _*a* cold
play_ is used to mean something like "the thing to do" in a sentence
along the lines of,

"Given its P/E of 13, buying [Company Name]'s stock is _a cold play_."

Historical note: The woman in question states that appearing on
Springer is a tradition in her family. Her mother, her father, her
stepfather, her brother, and her first cousin have all appeared on
earlier episodes of Springer's show.

--
-Wilson
-----