Keyser-Soeze Phenomenon

Federico Escobar federicoescobarcordoba at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jun 24 15:39:41 UTC 2011

Amy,

But wouldn't this name work as a phrasal adjective in this case, so that we
would leave it unhyphenated?

If so, the pertinent rule is CMOS16 5.91: "When a proper name begins a
phrasal adjective, the name is not hyphenated {the Monty Python school of
comedy}." Garner takes up the point in GMAU, under "phrasal adjectives," F,
with this example: Terry Maher strategy (no hyphens or en dashes).

F.