Quote: If you want something very, very badly, let it go free (1972 edition question)

Sat Jun 25 00:07:42 UTC 2011

Fred Shapiro wrote
> Charlie Doyle has previously pointed out to me the
> apparent 1972 edition.  But there was apparently a
> privately printed 1969 edition, and I will start by trying
> to get hold of that one.  WorldCat lists six libraries as
> having the 1969 edition.  I have already put in an
> interlibrary loan request for it.

Fred Shapiro wrote
> I have also ordered a copy of the 1969 privately printed
> edition from a bookseller in Montana.

Great! The librarian I conferred with about the question of multiple
editions pointed out to me the separate 1969 copyright notice adjacent
to the 1972 copyright. He also highlighted the note saying "This
edition is an expansion of the original book under this title" and
suggested that I try to obtain a 1969 edition if one existed.

But my search in WorldCat missed the 1969 edition. I still cannot see
it. Glad that you did a better job of searching.

Garson