"a nice girl like you"

Dave Hause dwhause at JOBE.NET
Sat Jun 25 22:00:15 UTC 2011

Of course, there's also the cavity-finding dentist's inversion, "What's a
place like this doing in a nice girl like you?"
Dave Hause, dwhause at jobe.net
Waynesville, MO
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonathan Lighter" <wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM>
To: <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Sent: Saturday, June 25, 2011 7:41 AM
Subject: "a nice girl like you"

YBQ lacks the classic, facetious pick-up line, "What's a nice girl like you
doing in a place like this?"

But what's even worse is that GB searches don't take it back any earlier
than the 1990s - despite the fact that I recall it well from high school,
very probably because Martin Scorsese directed a short feature with that
title in 1963. (I used the phrase frequently, and it got me nowhere.)

I haven't checked elsewhere.

But WTH's with GB?

JL