molest, n.

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jun 26 19:14:27 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 1:57 PM, Jonathan Lighter
<wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> An attorney on Fox News oberves that the tot mom's defense is that she'd
> been victimized by repeated "sexual molest."

Back in the day, there was a heavily-advertised film entitled, The
Molesters. I figured that it was some kind of horror-flick featuring
monsters from outer space called "MOLE-sters." A friend bogarted me
into going to see it with her. (IMO, SF works better in the
imagination than on the big screen. Hence, I had no interest in this
movie and hadn't bothered to read any of the ads.) I sat through the
movie without the slightest clue as to what in the hell it was
supposed to be occurring. There was no attack from outer space, no
monsters, no gunfire, and the movie, made in Switzerland, was set in
that country and not in the U.S. WTF?!

"By the way, have you seen that movie, The muh-LESSters?"
"No, I haven't. What movie are you talk... Aaarrrggghhh!!!"

Presumably, the FN guy didn't say, "MOLE-st."

--
-Wilson
-----