Anglicisms

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 1 02:31:41 UTC 2011

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 8:31 PM, Robin Hamilton
<robin.hamilton3 at virginmedia.com> wrote:
> I'd think the single-t spelling is the more frequent of the two

Yes. I inferred that from the joke.;-)

My *impression* is that _Patterson_ is more usual in the US.. But
that's based only on personal experience. Almost from babyhood I've
been familiar with one Thomas *Patterson*. So, I've always felt that
the -tt- spelling is the default. _Paterson_ has always struck me as a
bit exotic. But, "that's just me."

--
-Wilson
-----