Challenge for Garson, Stephen, and Others (UNCLASSIFIED)

Thu Mar 3 20:46:30 UTC 2011

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Walter Winchell column:  _Logansport [IN] Pharos-Tribune_ 4/8/1949 p 4
col 7 [newspaperarchive]

"Red Smith was asked if turning out a daily column wasn't quite a chore
... "Why, no," dead-panned Red, "You simply sit down a the typewriter,
open your veins, and bleed." "

Behalf Of

------
> -
>
> Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
> Caveats: NONE
>
> An AP column:
>

> _Lewiston [ME] Evening Journal_ 9/9/1949 p 4 col 7
> "Red Smith, celebrated sports columnist of the New York Herald
Tribune,

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=lYIpAAAAIBAJ&sjid=JWcFAAAAIBAJ&pg=1