The "Big Bad Wolf" and chickens?

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Mar 4 19:21:43 UTC 2011

There was quite a number of classic cartoons (from the 1930s and 40s)
involving BBW and sheep. In particular, one series had the wolf
repeatedly outsmarted by a sheep Blackie, although in some episodes
Blackie was "saved" from the pot by the cartoon ending prematurely. In
general, the wolf vs. sheep scenario does not appear to be uncommon. On
the contrary, Three Little Pigs appears to be a singular but pervasive
aberration.

     VS-)