The "Big Bad Wolf" and chickens?

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Mar 5 06:10:24 UTC 2011

Did anyone mention the 1927 NYT? I don't have an account and certainly
will not spend the money on this, but GNA returns a single pre-1933 hit
for "big bad wolf" [copied verbatim]:

> New York Times - Jan 15, 1927
> ... more chance with hm than Little Red Riding Hood had with the big
> bad wolf But he keeps in condition In this connection it should be
> remembered that most ...

BPL has library access to NYT database, but not remotely, and I have no
other reason to go to BPL any time soon. I presume other libraries have
a similar arrangement (an alternative would be to go through Lexis or
Westlaw). I have no other information on this.

     VS-)