scream-of-consciousness

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Mar 11 18:03:46 UTC 2011

1994 Don Oldenburg in _Washington Post_ (May 30) C5:  Of his unpublished
collection of 125 war poems, many are scream-of-consciousness pieces that
fly out of nowhere.

23,000 raw Googlits.

BONUS
Ibid., quoting a former army nurse: "We really were kids....You got these
real fuzzy-faced boys, and you had these real fuzzy-faced girls taking care
of them."

Meaning "young and innocent," of either sex.

Fortunately, the few Google hits on "fuzzy-faced girls" seem to refer
chiefly to canines.

JL