scream-of-consciousness

Fri Mar 11 19:47:58 UTC 2011

The "scream-of-consciousness" term is used in a periodical called
Furioso according to a Google Books snippet. The GB date is 1951 and a
probe shows that issues dated Spring 1951 and Winter 1951 are
contained in the volume. A catalog entry says the publication stopped
in 1953.The titles given for the books written by Virginia Woolf show
that this instance is wordplay.

Furioso: Volume 6
James Angleton, Reed Whittemore - 1951 (Google Books snippet; Not
verified on paper; Data may be inaccurate)

At present, of course, the greatest English wolf is Virginia Woolf,
who employed the "scream-of-consciousness" technique in Mrs. Dashaway
and Rum of One's Own. Although she distinctly preferred novels to
fiction, Mrs. Woolf made ...

http://books.google.com/books?id=1ZiwAAAAIAAJ&q=scream#search_anchor

The Village Voice on September 7, 1972 uses the title "Scream of
Consciousness" over some letters from readers. Below this article
"Master Baiting" is used as a title over some other letters. Hence, I
suspect this instance of "scream of consciousness" is also wordplay
based on "stream of consciousness".
Garson